• 2,762 new cases reported in 24-hour period, up from yesterday's 2,297
• 7-day average for new cases decreases by 7.2% to 3,494 per day, following 5.6% decrease yesterday (and 10th consecutive daily decrease)
• 7-day average for new cases is 33.5% lower than one week ago (from 29.7% lower yesterday) and 36.3% lower than two weeks ago (from 30.9% lower yesterday and 8.7% lower 7 days ago)
• 26 new deaths within 28 days of a positive test reported in 24-hour period, up from 10 yesterday
• 7-day average for new deaths within 28 days of a positive test increases by 1.2% to 35 per day, following 3.6% decrease yesterday
• 7-day average for new deaths within 28 days of a positive test is 44.2% lower than one week ago (unchanged from yesterday) and 58.3% lower than two weeks ago (from 61.9% lower yesterday and 56.3% lower 7 days ago)
So what we thinking for tomorrow, is Randy scoffing liver and onions? My bet is no, but not because we haven't had them.
We've possibly got 4 days worth of lag in there, as we all know, but my hunch is that it's not full lag like a normal weekend, I would expect that some processing may have caught up, but not all of it.
My bet is that the last 4 days should have been around a 35 deaths, 7 day average, and we had 66 deaths, so we're probably due another 74 based on that. Then add that to today's figures which is likely around 35 and we're at 109. The 7 day average probably wasn't as low as 35, but it appears that way due to this long weekend, although it may be there now as thing shave got better over time, we may already have made up some of the late reporting too.
I think it's touch and go, in real terms, but I would bet a plate of liver and onions that they have already factored some death in or that they share the late deaths over the next two days, so that we don't have any more 100+ days.
But, even if they do report a 100+ day, we can have great confidence that it will be the last one we ever have, thankfully.
"During the Easter period, the COVID-19 Dashboard will be updated every day, but the amount of data being updated will vary. The following information is provided to assist forward planning only and is subject to change.
UK cases, deaths and vaccinations will be updated every day throughout the holiday period, with the following service changes:
England: data updated daily
Northern Ireland: no cases and deaths data on 4 April
Scotland: data updated daily
Wales: no data on 2 April and 4 April (note: cases and deaths data released on 5 April and 6 April will both cover 48 hour periods)
UK totals for each day will reflect the sum of the nations which reported data."