Bilsdale switch on day

Fat_Dragon

Well-known member
I have just re-tuned my TV but can't get BBC 4 HD or BBC News HD

All other channels seem to be available
 

Linny

Active member
Rescanned, few channels but poor quality in Hartburn Village.
DAB hasn’t been the same since the fire. Radio 6 going off or poor quality in our house. I have to use BBCSounds app now.

Not checked since yesterday as I’m away but from what is being said there is little improvement.
 

junos_boots

Well-known member
I reread their public statement and I have realised it should say that '95% of population might be able to get a few programmes that keep breaking up'. I can only assume that the other 5% are getting nothing still. How much longer will it take to get planning permission to build a tower that is exactly the same as what was already there, as this seems to be the reason for erecting one that is just over 1/3rd of the height of the original.
 

chickenrunner

Well-known member
I reread their public statement and I have realised it should say that '95% of population might be able to get a few programmes that keep breaking up'. I can only assume that the other 5% are getting nothing still. How much longer will it take to get planning permission to build a tower that is exactly the same as what was already there, as this seems to be the reason for erecting one that is just over 1/3rd of the height of the original.
I think the height of the new structure is actually because it is a temporary guy stayed structure anchored with concrete blocks. The problem with building it on a SSSI site was resolved by building it in a shallow quarry area (used by the shooting estate) 1/4 mile WSW of the original mast.
Looking at the maps, including the one produced by Arqiva, there is a 'transmission shadow' cast by Carlton Moor right across the middle of Teesside.
Edit: The new mast is only 1/4 of the height of the old mast.
 

asredastheycome

Well-known member
Heard on the news about a week ago that they estimated that when temporary mast was instlled there would still be around 23,000 people who could not get signal..
 

SocraTees

Active member
My DAB Radio will not tune into Radio Tees on FM so can’t take in the Boro games which is very annoying. Even more annoying I can get Radio Newcastle and York. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️TS15
 

bear66

Well-known member
My DAB Radio will not tune into Radio Tees on FM so can’t take in the Boro games which is very annoying. Even more annoying I can get Radio Newcastle and York. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️TS15
Have you tried today? I could hardly get Tees on FM before but it's clear as a bell today, as is R4.
 

junos_boots

Well-known member
Just spoken to the freeview people on their freephone number and he is now saying wait until 19th for further improvements,
 

SocraTees

Active member
Yes I have tried it today thanks. I try it regularly. The closest it will tune into is 95.40hz which is Radio Newcastle. I live near the Hambleton Hills so wonder if that as something to do with it.🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Frustrating but there's worse things happening.
 

asredastheycome

Well-known member
I used to get loads of staions on DAB radio now I get about 10. Tried two different radios/tuners and both the same. Been like that for over a year. Why is this.
 
Top
X