Welcome to the Brexit sir

SmallTown

Well-known member
What are you hoping to achieve through your "told you so" posts though ?

It's just causing further entrenchment from both sides, especially coming from a poster as "divisive" as yourself - you're not going to change anyone's mind through your daily postings.
It’s not “I told you so” as such. Just commenting on the current political and economic landscape. I can’t be helped if the majority is bad news
 

Statto1

Well-known member
Funny that people are now saying "let it go", rather than "it's going to be great".

We're not even two weeks in, not even attempting to trade at full capacity (limited by covid, which is masking some big trade problems) and yet still supplies and couriers have been disrupted, business are re-assessing their markets. What will it be like in the summer or when trade is back in full flow?

What I do find ironic is that our fisherman now don't even have any more fish, but now they can't even sell all the ones they do have. What is even better is prices to sell to Europe (where most of our fish goes) have gone down, but prices of fish we eat have gone up, so it's lose, lose in an area we were meant to be "winning", it's so $hit it's laughable. Couldn't even get the 0.1% they were aiming for correct, what chance does the 99.9% have.

The point of the thread is a small one, but there's thousands of things like this that the brexshiters will either not have expected, not understood or won't admit they were wrong about. We're all now going to be forced into spending at least the next decade relying on the services sector to bail them out and cover the lost trade, even though the services sector advised against brexit.

Wait until the "just in time" aspect effects out manufacturing, and then we get priced out, it's going to be fantastic (not).
 

Hicktonpen10

Active member
What are you hoping to achieve through your "told you so" posts though ?

It's just causing further entrenchment from both sides, especially coming from a poster as "divisive" as yourself - you're not going to change anyone's mind through your daily postings.
Won't change my view one iota but they are hugely entertaining though.
 

SmallTown

Well-known member
Won't change my view one iota but they are hugely entertaining though.
Ignorance is bliss huh? What a silly thing to say. You’re essentially saying no matter how bad it gets you’ll still support it. Sorry but that’s just a stupid approach to take
 

SmallTown

Well-known member
Because of so many people whining about remainers having free speech no one has even touched the food shortages in Northern Ireland and how the big six grocery suppliers in the country say they will get much worse after March.

The people who still defend this shambolic, disastrous, and costly process should be ashamed..
 

atypical_boro

Well-known member
Because of so many people whining about remainers having free speech no one has even touched the food shortages in Northern Ireland and how the big six grocery suppliers in the country say they will get much worse after March.

The people who still defend this shambolic, disastrous, and costly process should be ashamed..
It was a shambles and totally counter productive, and I would never have voted for it in a million years, but we just have to live with it now. I, for one, am at least glad it isn't dominating the news every day anymore, like it did for at least ten years (well before the actual referendum). I just hope I can say the same about Covid soon!
 

Norman_Conquest

Well-known member
So the constant posting about it on a football message board is going to do what ?
I tried asking the above question last week and he spouted the same old drivel.

Incidents like this will end up causing t*t for tat and the guy in the video or other border patrol agents on both sides of the channel will end up losing their jobs because nothing will be going either way.
 

Hicktonpen10

Active member
Ignorance is bliss huh? What a silly thing to say. You’re essentially saying no matter how bad it gets you’ll still support it. Sorry but that’s just a stupid approach to take
Give it a rest Tory boy. No matter how many times you tell me I am ignorant and stupid my view remains unaltered.
 

Norman_Conquest

Well-known member
He's right though isn't he? You just don't like having it pointed out to you.
The majority on this thread voted remain, but are sick of him posting the same old crap day in and day out. It's happened now, we need to work with it to make the best of a bad situation. We don't need all the doom and gloom, there's enough of that just outside our front doors.
 

bumface

Member
The majority on this thread voted remain, but are sick of him posting the same old crap day in and day out. It's happened now, we need to work with it to make the best of a bad situation. We don't need all the doom and gloom, there's enough of that just outside our front doors.
Have to agree to disagree on that mate. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone here. Just getting sick of being told by people who voted for this fiasco that I just need to shut up now and get on with it. You're right about things being bad enough with the virus but Brexit is just going to make that even worse.
 

Norman_Conquest

Well-known member
Have to agree to disagree on that mate. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone here. Just getting sick of being told by people who voted for this fiasco that I just need to shut up now and get on with it. You're right about things being bad enough with the virus but Brexit is just going to make that even worse.
And highlighting a guy getting his sandwich taken off him will make it better. The Dutchman doesn't cover himself in any glory and if anything, he looks like an over zealous prat playing up to a camera. Don't fall into the same trap.
 

bumface

Member
And highlighting a guy getting his sandwich taken off him will make it better. The Dutchman doesn't cover himself in any glory and if anything, he looks like an over zealous prat playing up to a camera. Don't fall into the same trap.
I just think that smalltown gets a lot of undue crap on here from Brexiteers. Its like they've focussed all of their rage on one poster for daring to keep reminding them that they made a stupid choice. As you said, MOST of the people on here are remainers so why does HE get all the flack? Just doesn't seem fair. Bordering on bullying at times. Doesn't sit right with me.
 

Norman_Conquest

Well-known member
I just think that smalltown gets a lot of undue crap on here from Brexiteers. Its like they've focussed all of their rage on one poster for daring to keep reminding them that they made a stupid choice. As you said, MOST of the people on here are remainers so why does HE get all the flack? Just doesn't seem fair. Bordering on bullying at times. Doesn't sit right with me.
I disagree. He's just pointing out the utter stupidity of Brexit.
I think smalltown is an half decent guy and we all nodded and smiled to ourselves, with that 'I told you so' look on our faces when he first did it, but posting two and three anti Brexit threads a day is becoming a bit too much and he is beginning to make a target of himself.
 

bumface

Member
I think smalltown is an half decent guy and we all nodded and smiled to ourselves, with that 'I told you so' look on our faces when he first did it, but posting two and three anti Brexit threads a day is becoming a bit too much and he is beginning to make a target of himself.
I won't ask you which half of smalltown it is that you think is INDECENT. I think we ALL know the answer to THAT question. Nobody is forcing you to open his threads. If they wind you up so much just don't read them.
 

Norman_Conquest

Well-known member
I won't ask you which half of smalltown that you think is INDECENT. I think we ALL know the answer to THAT question. Nobody is forcing you to open his threads. If they wind you up so much just don't read them.
Bumface - I think you are after a rise out of me - you cheeky little chappy. ;)

That is me off to bed.
 
Top
X