I go to York quite often and have never felt unsafe or uneasy late on an evening.You tell me......
Revealed: The ‘most dangerous’ streets in York>>>>>
According to the Civic Trust, York’s areas identified as the most dangerous are:
- Cinder Lane and railway bridge (behind the station)
- Along the river between Scarborough Bridge and Clifton Bridge
- Rougier Street
- Clarence Street
- Stonebow area
- Tang Hall Beck cycle path
- Hob Moor
- Love Lane and railway bridge
- Blue Bridge and New Walk.
“Recent tragedies in the UK remind us that the issue of our safety from harm in our towns and cities is continuing; sadly, York is not exempt,” the trust says.
“Despite modernity’s assurance that ‘these types of incidents are very rare’, this can feel hollow based on our lived experiences.”
View attachment 44546
Middlesbrough town centre on the other hand!